Soya plant and soya products have been considered as a popular meat substitute. Soya products contain all the essential amino acids adequate for body intake, which makes it a complete source of protein for vegetarians. Soya protein can be included in your diet in many possible ways. The best way to include soya is to have it in breakfast, because a protein-rich breakfast gives you the perfect start of your day.
Upma is one of the most common breakfast recipes in india. Now let us make it nutritious and protein-rich with soya granules.
Protein-Rich Soya Upma Recipe
Soya granules – 3/4 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad dhal (split black lentils) – 1/4 tsp
Jeera (cumin seeds)- 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies 2
Asafoetida (hing) – a pinch
Coriander (cilantro) chopped
Salt to taste
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – to taste (optional)
1) Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water and keep aside.
2) Heat the olive oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and jeera.
3) When the jeera and mustard seeds crackle, add urad dal and sauté till it turns light brown.
4) Add asafoetida, green chillies, ginger, onions and sauté till the onions turn brown.
5) Now add the carrots, cabbage and allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
6) Add soy granules, salt and mix everything well.
7) Sprinkle some lemon juice and garnish with coriander.