We live in an era where we no longer have to exert our bodies to make a living. Today majority of us are engaged in a sedentary work environment. Owing to this sedentary lifestyle, we tend to gain fat mostly in the belly which is not as easy to get rid of as it is to gain. Some people try to shed this fat in the gym, but a majority cannot, due to their busy schedules. If you’re one of them, these powerful moves for flat stomach may come handy. Now you can get rid of that stubborn belly fat in the comfort of your own home!
Here are the 5 powerful moves for flat stomach
1. Bicycle crunch:
Here’s how to do bicycle crunch: (Instruction courtesy: popsugar.com)
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in, to also target your deep abs).
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Now switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
- Do three sets of 20 reps.
2. Plank with knee tuck:
Here’s how to do plank with knee tuck
- Get into the plank position with hands straight in line with the shoulders and palm resting on the floor.
- Make sure you form a straight line from head to your heels.
- Pull your right knee forward toward your left elbow. Pause and reverse it to the starting position.
- Alternate same motion between the legs for as many reps as possible.
3. Side plank with knee circle:
Here’s how to do side plank with knee circle: (Instruction courtesy: shape.com)
- Start lying on your right side and bend your right elbow underneath your shoulder to prop up your body, reaching your left arm straight up to the ceiling.
- Bend your right knee and keep your left leg extended, with your foot flat on the floor.
- Press your hips off the ground and lift your right knee off the floor and bring the inside of your right foot to the left inner thigh.
- Turn your right knee up toward the ceiling (keeping your foot still pressed on inner thigh), tracing a ‘circle’ with your knee.
- Make 10 circles with your right knee, and then switch to the other side and repeat with your left.
Here’s how to do crisscross: (Instruction courtesy: pilates.about.com)
- Lie on your back in neutral spine.
- Bend your knees and bring your shins up so that they are parallel to the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head, supporting the base of the skull. Keep the elbows wide.
- Use an exhale to pull your abs into a deep scoop, and leaving the pelvis in a neutral position (not tucked or tipped), curl the chin and shoulders off the mat up to the base of the shoulder blades.
5. X Abs:
Here’s how to do x abs: (Instruction courtesy: shape.com)
- Start lying on your back with your arms and legs extended straight up to the ceiling, head resting on the floor.
- Open your arms and legs into an ‘X’ shape, bringing the legs just above the floor, and your arms back by your ears.
- Next, bring legs and arms back together, lifting your head off the floor, looking at your legs, pressing your arms just outside of hips (but not touching the floor), and lifting your hips off the ground as your legs come in toward your head.
- That’s one rep. Repeat 20 times total.
Would like to add #6 to this list of powerful moves for a flat stomach? Share your advice and suggestions to shed belly fat in the comments below!