Your eyes work constantly throughout the day, more than any other part of your body. Even right now while you’re reading this. It is absolutely impossible to conduct any activity without having a clear vision. Having said that, it is an unfortunate fact that it is only the least thing we care about. All we do is whine about not having the best body, thicker hair or flawless skin. But never gave a thought to finding out ways to improve bad eyesight.
Times are changing, and computers, digital electronics like cell phones is being used more than ever. We’re an advanced generation that has become vulnerable to poor vision and bad eyesight due to this increasing exposure to digital devices, resulting in high risk of some serious eye damages, like macular degeneration. But fortunately for most of us, incorporating some simple changes in our lifestyle can prove helpful to a great extent. Find out how you can improve bad eyesight with these simple steps and boost its longevity.
How To Improve Bad Eyesight
Give your eyes some movement:
If you notice a decline in your eyesight or suffer from eye strain, start taking simple steps that will keep eye problems at bay and protect your eyes in the long run. Exercising your eyes is one of the easiest ways to improve eyesight naturally. You will just need five minutes to perform these exercises every day first thing in the morning and before going to bed. Try them out for about a month or two. You will definitely notice a significant improvement in your eyesight.
- Rub your palms together until warm. Cover your eyes with the palms and provide the warmth without applying pressure on your eyeballs for few seconds. Repeat three times.
- Hold a pencil at your arm’s distance and focus on it. Move it slowly towards your nose until 5 inches away. Keeping your eyes fixed on the pencil, move it back to the starting position slowly. Repeat this movement 5 times.
- Look upwards and start to roll your eyes clockwise slowly and then anti-clockwise 10 times.
- Now start moving your eyeballs from right to left slowly. Repeat this 10 times.
- Same way, move your eyes up and down
- Close your eyes for a minute and relax.
Eat the right foods to improve eyesight naturally:
As they say – ‘prevention is better than cure’, maintaining a healthy diet is the best thing you can do to improve eyesight naturally and prevent serious eye problems in future. Start eating foods that are good for your eyes. Foods that contain nutrients and vitamins like omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A, C & E, zinc, and lutein boost your eye health.
- Fish like tuna, salmon, sardines and mackerel are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, thus protect your eyes against cataract or macular degradation.
- Green leafy vegetables like collard green, kale, spinach are a rich source of zinc and reduce the risk of development of serious eye problems.
- Foods with high protein content like nuts, eggs, and beans.
- Citrus fruits like oranges and lemon which is loaded with vitamin C, reduces the risk of macular degradation and cataract.
- Whole grains like whole wheat, quinoa, whole oats contain a low glycemic index which reduces the risk of age-related eye problems. They are also a good source of zinc and vitamin E.
- Foods like carrots, strawberries, tomatoes, and bell peppers are a good source of vitamin A.
Besides doing proper exercise for eyes and eating well, you can follow these tips below, which will significantly help to maintain good eyesight.
- Quit smoking
- Always wear sunglasses
- Go for regular eye checkups
- Do not stare at computer screens too long
Did you find this information helpful? Share your thoughts in the comments below!